Here are some handy StorTown tips to help make the big move smooth!
1. Draw a Floor Plan: Having an idea of where you want your furniture positioned in your new home could help you and the movers with the transition. This handy floor plan can be used by the movers to quickly place everything in its correct place so less heavy lifting for you. Choose from a wide variety of online apps that can assist you in creating this plan.
2. Be Present: Having a reputable moving company is essential, especially one with a good reference check. Their role is to ensure that all your valuables are kept safe, but be sure to also check the inventory yourself. It is a good idea to be present on the day to oversee the project or ask a trusted friend or relative to ensure your move is a success. You can contact StorTown for a moving company referral.
3. Be Packed – This may seem like an obvious tip, but it is important to pack up the whole house! It would be nice to have the kitchen and bathroom available on moving day, but these areas could take a while to pack at the last minute. Rather keep a box of “essentials” with all the items you know you might need during the move. A few key items from the bathroom and kitchen should suffice until you are settled in your new home. At StorTown we offer quality packaging supplies such as storage boxes, moving boxes, bubble wrap and packaging tape to ensure your belongings are moved and stored effectively.
4. Labelling: Keep the process of packing in an organised fashion; we suggest that you label each box carefully. Use “fragile” labels on the necessary boxes, and make the labels clear/colour-coded for the movers. For your new home, labelling the boxes correctly by room and type will make the unpacking task run much smoother. With these few simple steps, your moving day should be stress free and then you can relax and enjoy your new space. Please download our free labels.
5. Use StorTown: Often people renovate before they move in. It’s best to safely store your goods while doing so, this gives you more space and ensures you don’t accidentally ruin any of your items. We have brand-new small units based in Hillcrest, where you can get your first month’s rental for only R1!
Fill in the below enquiry form, or contact us directly on 087 944 6427